Thursday, May 21, 2009

New events in my crazy life

So life as we know it has gotten a little bit easier for me. As of May 18th I am officially a Registered Technologist. I studied, and studied, and studied some more in order to pass. I took almost 30 online mock tests and thought I was doing pretty well. I was pretty nervous about taking my boards. I'm not a very good test taker. My skills come in to play when you put me in a situation where I have to show my skills. Not try and regurgitate them out of my ginormous brain. It's hard to pull things out of there when they're all the way in the back. So I got to the testing center at about 7:45 and had 4 hours to take a 220 question test. The online tests that I was taking were complicated and seemed to try and trick you. They were not straight forward questions so I got confused quite a bit when I thought the answer I put was right and thought that the mock tests I was taking were wrong. I actually ended up looking in my books for the correct answers (which ended up letting me know that I was wrong in the first place.) So I took my test in just under 2 hours which was good for me because I would usually take about 1 1/2 hours. So it was good that I rook my time a little bit and ended up getting a better grade. I passed with an 86%, which for me is pretty dang good. So it feels good to finally be done.

So for my graduation present to myself I bought myself a new camera. I've wanted a new camera for a long time but I never had the cash flow to afford it. Now that school is done I'm glad to say I will be posting more pictures of totally random stuff. So here are a few of the pics I've taken so far.




I still can't figure out why he likes to wear his moms shoes. Let's just hope it's a phase.









Thanks to all to helped me get here.

2 comments:

Chelsee said...

Congratulations Gary and Happy late Birthday!! I think you take good pictures, so I am excited to see what you'll post. :)

Kjersti said...

AWESOME JOB on the 86%! I think that's awesome. And I like your pictures also! Keep posting!